Rights of Electricity Consumers
- Hits: 1040
A consumer (user) of electricity has a right to:
- Access electricity of good quality.
- Receive an itemized bill at least once in three months, indicating the units consumed, service charges and other charges.
- Timely receipt of bills.
- Raise a complaint concerning their bill, meter, etc.
- Have accurate meters installed at their premises for the billing of all electricity consumed.
- Receive information concerning power outages or other power supply interruptions that might affect them.
- Complain to ERA if their electricity complaint is not resolved by their distribution company.
Obligations of Electricity Consumers
- A consumer (user) of electricity has an obligation to:
- Promptly pay for the electricity that they use.
- Use ERA-certified wiremen for installing electricity at their homes or premises.
- Use electricity safely in order to avoid accidents or death.
- Report broken wires, spoilt transformers, loose connections and other dangerous items/situations to the distribution company.
- Report cases of power theft to the distribution company.